Is a Thoroughbred breeding farm located two miles from Newmarket. The Stud originated in 1916 a gift by William Hall Walker (later Lord Wavertree) from the entire bloodstock of his stud farm in Tully, Kildare, Ireland. The British Government took over the Tully property and the Irish National Stud Company Ltd. was formed. The Irish bloodstock was then transferred to the Sandley Stud in Dorset. The stud’s operations were expanded after the World War II with the purchase of a stud at West Grinstead in Sussex. In 1963 the Stud’s mares were sold and a decision made to operate only as a stallion station. The two existing breeding farms were sold and operations consolidated into a single new facility built on 500 acres of land at Newmarket.